Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Our state fair is a great state fair....

K, so I'm at the state fair now! I don't feel like hogging one of the two computers that we have here forever so I'm going to copy my report to Nathanael. Enjoy.

Alrighty. Now I'll give you a short report about what's going on here. It doesn't look like anyone's waiting on the computer so I guess I can make it longer than I planned which is good. Friday I went to my fair at about 9:30. I worked pop stand, went to the library... It was actually really scary because my car kept dieing! It was really strange. I called dad and apparently that's something that the car does.... Anywho. Worked pop stand again and wandered around. Finally left Lafayette aroung... 5 or 6 and went to Ohio. We got there something around 10:00 that night and did random things. The event was alright... Pretty boring, but still alright. It seems like something amazing happened but I can't remember what it was=/
Sunday right after massed bands (Lol, there's a movie on and it's distracting, I totally just typed "massed pants") we left on our way to here, State Fair. Got in and there's this really icky guy who was at conference... But I don't think he's as icky as I originally thought. Yesterday seemed like a million years long. For real. Like.... I actually met a -lot- of people already. My crew (my team basically. There's the "crew leader" (boss) who's Ashley, she's from my county so I kinda know her, then there's Breanna Sipple who I know and Tricia who I also know so it's really cool. I'm pretty sure everyone knew each other before we got here. I am the only one on the crew who's under 18 so it's kinda blah 'cause they have to keep being careful and not letting me work more than 9 hours a day. I'm also the only one on the crew who's new so it's... weird. Like, they keep having to explain things to me but it's alright. Since I've got people I know it's a lot easier. Especially Breanna, she's being really great here.
The dorm here is really nice. Like, we've got a ton of people in them, but it's still great. We've got this hospitality lounge where there's a TV, two computers (one of which I'm using right now), video games, a whole kitchen setup, etc. It's really nice. Then you have to go into this hall where the guys have a room and the girls have a room. I dunno what the guys' looks like, but ours has beds and showers and all that great stuff. My bed is right by a really big window (top bunk) and it's got this -great- ledge on it that I put my clock, books, chapstick, pictures, etc. on. So that's really great.
I guess that's it for now... I'm off for a few hours because we're totally out of things to do, lol, so I should go and let someone else on the computer. I might read or do my laundry... Or both. Waha. I hear you have to babysit your stuff while it's washing otherwise someone else will come and make a mess of everything. So I guess I'll go now. See y'all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home