Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Why doesn't anyone see my pain?
Why do I have to wave it like a flag
in front of their faces so vivid, so plain?
Is there anyone out there, so keen
to see what I was before,
to see the joy I could have been?
Will things ever go back the same?
To when I was happy
Where life was a game
Does it have to be a war
no losers or winners,
just a show of pain where I'm the star?
Why am I cursed to walk this earth
when all I feel
is hatred and merth
When will I learn to love again?
will I be old, crippled, small,
before I have that to gain?
Why do I feel so empty, like no one cares?
is it because my mind is fooling me,
or is it real, just a life of ugly dares.
Oh, to have someone to pull me out
of this pit I'm in, this put of wanting love
a person who'll love me enough to shout
"I love you" from the rooftops of the inner city
a real live prince, or just a friend who loves me enough
to, when I need it, give me pity.
When will I learn, I already have that?
When will I find hope in the friends I have?
instead of thinking of my emptiness as so big and fat?
Please, someone, help me!
I need you to care
to help me see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home