Friday, August 03, 2007

Forever

Forever

Why do we say "I don't love you" when we do?
Why don't we yell it from a rooftop?
It's a feeling. We're supposed to have it.
So why do be supress it?

It's because of people.
People we're scared to let down, to disappoint.
It's because we're scared to let our real feelings be shown.
We're scared we're doing something wrong.
We're scared of what people might think.
We're scared of all that, but even more...
We're scared of feeling something so greatand losing it all forever.

If I died today
Would anyone be sorry that they never told me?
Would anyone say "I loved her."
Would anyone cry
the tears of a man who lost forever?

Why didn't he tell me?

Was is because of people?
People he was scared to let down, to disappoint?
He was scared to let his true feelings be shown
Open to ridicule.
Scared to do something wrong.
Scared of what people might think...
What if I wasn't everything he thought?
Or was he just scared that I wasn't his forever?

I'm lieing face up on my back
something I never do.
My hands are folded on my chest
I am cold.
My lifeless body looks elagent.
And he wonders...

Why didn't he kiss me then?
When I might have been able to kiss him back...

Was it because he was scared?
Scared of what people might do, or think, or say behind his back?
Scared to let his feelings be shown?
Scared that I wouldn't want to love him back?
Was he worried that his forever might end with my back to him?
That his forever wasn't real?

His forever was real.
His forever wanted him to know.
But I never told him.
I was scared of what people might think.
And now all I can do...Is sit in foreverand wait for him to follow me.
To where forever never ends.



Though this is a few weeks old, yes, I'm thinking again. It's a rather dangerous thing to do, is it not? Yeah. So why do I insist on doing it all the time? What is wrong with me? Don't you think it would be easier (not to mention safer) to just... Not? What if no one thought? Or at least, didn't think about dangerous things.*
The pros of thinking:
1.) You can remember something that happened before. Good memories.
2.) You can make up things in your mind... You think up cool situations and not even realize they're wrong...
3.) There are a lot more... But that would require thinking.
The cons of thinking:
1.) You can remember something that happened before. Bad memories.
2.) You can make up things in your mind... Cool things that happened and then you find that they never did.
3.) There are many more... Probably more than pros... But that would require thinking.

*Danger here is something entirely different than regular danger and the kind of danger you might be thinking of.

*sigh* Yeah....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home