Friday, June 08, 2007

Promises

♥I promise to never make you cry♥
♥I promise to always trust you♥
♥I promise not to lie♥
♥I promise you forever♥
♥I promise you tonight♥
♥I promise you my respect♥
♥I promise to do things right♥
♥I promise to always be there♥
♥I promise until the end♥
♥I promise to be your best friend♥
♥I promise this forever♥
♥I promise our friendship is my life♥
♥you're the PEANUT to my BUTTER , ♥
♥you're the STAR to my BURST, ♥
♥you're the M to my M, ♥
♥you're the POP to my TART, ♥
♥you're the MILKY to my WAY, ♥
♥you're the FRUIT to my LOOP, ♥
♥you're the MILK to my DUDS, ♥
♥you're the LUCKY to my CHARMS, ♥
♥you're the ICE to my CREAM, ♥
but mostly....
♥you're the BEST to my FRIEND♥

All that being said, I wish it was true. I can't promise not to make you cry. Actually, I promise I will make you cry. If you love me, then I will make you cry. Everyone I love has made me cry. Some more than others, sometimes the tears are different kinds, but I always cry over the people I love. Maybe I just cry a lot?
Trusting you is something different... I can promise that I'll trust you until you prove to me that you can't be trusted, so if you promise to always be trustworthy, then I promise to always trust you.
I can't promise not to lie. I'm human. I lie even when I don't know I'm doing it. "Are you ok?" "yes." No. Often times it's no. Or "I don't know" when it's no. Or even "No." when I know that I'll make it through, so of course I'm ok. I can only try not to lie and try to always tell you what I'm thinking.
Promising you forever. That's dangerous. There are different kinds of forever. I can promise that I'll remember you forever, definitely, but I don't know if I can promise to always be there for you forever.
I can try to promise you tonight, but I still live at home. There's no telling what my parents will do or say that may change what I thought I was going to do with my night.
I can promise you my respect unless you do something to make me lose it for you. There are lots of things that a person can do that will make me lose respect for them. I suppose it takes a really -big- thing to make me lose all respect though.
"I promise to do things right" That one... I can't get past that one. NO WAY. Some of these other ones, I can try to always trust you, I can promise you that I want forever, but I -can not- promise you that I'll do things right. I mess up. A lot. I can't promise anyone that I'll do things right. The only thing I can promise here is that I -will- mess up. I will make mistakes and I will hurt you. For that I'm truly sorry.
Promising to always be there. No. I can't do that either. I can promise to try to be there, but I guarantee that I won't always be.
I promise until the end. That's like promising forever. It's the same thing.
"I promise to be your best friend" is actually something that I have no control over. I can be the best friend I know how to be and try to love you more than anyone else, and maybe I will, but -you- choose who your best friends are, and there's no saying that you won't find someone better than me.
The -only- thing that I can promise is that our friendship is my life. Well no... You have to think about that one. I have so many different worlds, there's the family world and the Audrey world and the John world and the fife and drum world and the basketball word and the cheerleading world and the 4-H world and all these other worlds. I don't know exactly what would happen if very many of these worlds colided... The Audrey world crashed witht he fife and drum world recently, and I was very scared of what would happen. My life is like that. I have the life where I live in the John world. I have the life where I live in the 4-H world. Lose any of those worlds, and that life is also dead. However, if you say that my "life" means the time I have on Earth, all of it, no matter what world I'm in, then I know that if I lost you I would still keep going. That's what I would have to do, and I would do it. I would be heartbroken and crushed, but I would keep going.
All of those promises up there, they don't mean a thing. I try to be very careful with what I promise. One thing I can promise? I can promise that I love you.♥

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home