Thursday, April 17, 2008

Signing Away My Childhood.

Today was an interesting experience.

Work. That was normal.

Drama practice. That was normal.

Meeting with the guidance counselor at Jefferson High School. Not normal.
At 2:00 today, my mom, dad, and I went and had a meeting with the guidance counselor at Jeff. We were asking questions about the Vocational, or "Jobs" program. I gave them my information, and I will most likely be attending Jeff part time next year.

I'm terrified.

After that, we got food. Normal.

Open House at the Christina Training Center. Not normal.
We arrived, got a tour, then information about the school itself. Gave my information, signed on the dotted line.
What this means is that starting June 9th, I will be at CTC 8:30-4:30, Monday-Friday. Starting in August, I'll only be there four hours a day. I will graduate with a cosmetology license around the same time I graduate from high school.

In the words of my mother who so thoughtfully expressed what I did today, I "signed away the rest of my childhood."

That makes me very sad. I freaked out a little bit. I'm scared. I'm excited. I'm hoping I'm doing the right thing. I'm concerned. I'm sad. I hope I'm ready.

Childhood, I'll miss you. But don't worry, I'll visit as often as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home