Thursday, April 12, 2007

Me

I had something specific to post... I can't remember what it was. But I thought of something else. People get so concerned about little things. I played with a picture and got five concerned comments on it. It was described as "Really extremely disturbing" and I was told I was going emo. Also that it was scary. I did not make this picture to be any of those things, and I actually find it slightly amusing that it's causing such chaos with friend people. Don't get me wrong, it's nice that they're concerned for my well being, but I didn't mean to make them concerned.
Another thing that actually follows that slightly... Not hugely, but slightly, is this: (And it only follows because of my strange thought train.) How much have I actually changed over the last year? I went to my first archery meeting last night, and upon walking in, Kelsey said "Hannah? You look so pretty! I like your hair." and continued to ask questions about Mark, who goes to her school. I continued, not really interacting with people, just because that's how I am sometimes. After being there for probably fifteen minutes, Andy (Spork) starts staring at me. I didn't find that so strange, him being who he is, but then he said "Are you... Rachael's sister?" I didn't know exactly what he was doing, I thought he was trying to be funny, but Melissa said "It's Hannah, duh!" Andy then exclaimed "Holy Hell you've changed!!!" Normally I wouldn't quote exact words, but it was so shocking that I feel I must. I was more than slightly weirded out by this. Eric then said that he hadn't known who I was at first, either, but he figured it out (seeing as I came in with James and went straight to Rachael, it just makes sense.) So it leaves me wondering what happened? I saw these people last July, and since then I have changed so much that they didn't know who I was? After thinking about it some, I realized that I have changed a lot. I didn't realize it carried over into my looks though. Some big things though, I was wearing black jeans instead of blue. I was wearing a black jacket instead of my trademark orange hoodie. I was not wearing makeup. Sometime since I last saw them I figured out that I have curly hair. I got bangs. My hair was down, which is not normal at all, if you knew me last year. I was also hiding behind my hair. I pulled my hair back and asked Eric if that was better and he said "No, not really... It's your face." Interesting. It's like a tree. If you see it changing, you live with it, you watch it grow, you don't notice that it's getting so much bigger. If you go away for five years and then come back, you will notice big changes. Perhaps new names carved into it or a branch missing from a storm. These are things that you wouldn't notice if you saw them happening. This is why Rachael didn't know what they were talking about, Audrey thought it weird, and I was confused.
There's the thing I couldn't remember from earlier. Last night I got home and put my hair in a ponytail, something I've really only been doing at night recently, or when I really need to think. Anyways, I did that so I could wash my face. I went into the bathroom and just glanced up at the mirror and went "whoah!" It was strange seeing all of my face like that. I thought, and I realized that it's actually been a very long time since I've seen my whole face. I wasn't exactly sure what I thought about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home