Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Repost.

This is old, but it keeps running through my mind, so I decided a repost was in order.

I want to go back to the age of ten,
When now was now,
and then was then,
I wanna go back to when takout food,
was a special treat,
and going out as a family,
wasn't out of the ordinary.
I wanna go back to the time,
of pink bikes with blue horns,
to the time when talking to mom and dad,
wasn't a big issue,
and it wasn't neccesary,
to have a family meeting,
to tell people something,
I want to go back,
to when sisters were best friends,
to when boys were just people,
to make mudpies with.
I want to go back,
to when teenager stuff was,
"bad". And kid stuff
was normal,
and not childish.
I want to go back to when,
getting on the computer,
was a big deal,
and getting email,
was even bigger.
I want to go back,
to when Mom was happy,
and Dad was always home.
To pancakes,
every Saturday morning.
To when friends were always true,
and never stabbed you,
in the back.
Oh how I miss,
those days of being young.
The days when saying something stupid
didn't mean you couldn't be talked to.
Oh I wanna go back,
to when Friday night,
meant homemade pizza,
and being homeschooled,
didn't mean anything,
except more playtime.
Oh I wanna go back,
to when parents were heros,
and not people
you didn't want to hang out with.
Oh how I wanna go back,
the the time when learning something new,
meant a gold star,
on your worksheet.
To when being hyper,
didn't scare people.
Oh I wanna go back,
to when we went places,
as a family,
not seperate groups.
Oh I wanna GO BACK!
to kiddy rides,
and jelly shoes.
Oh how I wish,
I could just stop this time,
and rewind to the time,
when people were happy,
just to be with me.
And how I wanna stay there
and never come back,
but that will never happen.
You can't stop time.
You can't rewind.
You can't go back to happier times.
I just have to stay here,
in the world as it is,
You can never go back.
Never,
never.
Never go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home